Thursday, June 7, 2012

What beats bacon? Steak wrapped in bacon! Genius!!

I apologize for not posting this sooner, but the Cave has been crazy, but that's for another blog.

Turn back your mind to Memorial Day weekend...ahhhh! Our neighborhood is so fantastic, we saw that feeling before we purchased the home but never realized how important these people in our hood would be to us. Anyway, back to the weekend...we decided kind of last minute to put together a little BBQ. Simple really, bring your own stuff for your own family, but I couldn't resist sharing these bacon bites that I spoke to neighbors about just days before.

This time around I used sirloin. First time I tried this with filet, I am not sure it made a huge difference taste-wise. Filet is scrumptious of course, but the sirloin has a nice and tender chew factor as well. I gotta admit, I let the money make the decision and went for more steak and that's how we got the sirloin.

Step 1:
Take your steak and cut it up into bite size pieces. Season lightly with sea salt and pepper. These babies are gonna pick up a lot of flavor through the bacon, so don't worry about your need for salt.



Step 2:
Take your bacon, and again I use uncured bacon cause that's what we do in the Paleo world, and cut it into 4's. It's bacon and it is flexible, so one time around and pin it with a toothpick. Try and get your toothpick through it so the sides are flat, it will help cook the bacon evenly.


Step 3:
Throw them in the pan and cook them until the bacon is crispy (not burnt).

Step 4:
Eat!!!! I don't provide a dip sauce for this, but thinking out loud I would bet a nice honey mustard (more mustard than honey), or a BBQ sauce might be fun too.


Words like "what is this incredible bite of yumminess" were used. And I agree. They are incredibly tasty and filling too. It's a pure bite of protein.

Speaking of yumminess...my baby Bella (below)...she is pure yummy, and quite the character.


Back to the Cave.

No comments:

Post a Comment